The Universities of Geneva, Brussels and Montreal (Le G3 de la Francophonie) organize the 3d international experts’ meeting on female genital mutilation / cutting (FGM/C) in collaboration with IEWM (the Institute for equality of women and men, Belgium), GAMS-Belgium (Groupement pour l’abolition des mutilations sexuelles), and ICRH (International Center for Reproductive Health, Belgium).
- Share experience, data, research and practices in healthcare and prevention of FGM/C and in training healthcare professionals.
- Improve collaboration among experts and researchers for future studies and international registries.
- Discuss hot topics on FGM/C for which evidence and consensus are lacking.
- Social and economic aspects and determinants
- Organization of prevention and care in receiving countries including training.
- Children and adolescents.
- Clinical demands and outcomes in adult women: obstetrical, gynaecological, urologic, psychiatric, sexual etc.
- Conceptual and ethical controversies.
- Alternative and new forms of FGM/C.
Registration is 100€ for participants from high income (40 € for students) and is free of charge for participants from low income countries. Registration is open until May 15, 2019. We can welcome 140 participants maximum.
Registration will be considered firm after reception of your payment to (where appropriate):
Account Holder : ASBL GAMS Belgique
IBAN : BE37 0012 8683 3928
SWIFT Code : GEBABEBB
Communication : Name + Registration G3 Meeting May 2019